In our Instant Impact: Supervisory Fundamentals program,participants will acquire a fundamental understanding of how to build essential relationships with managers and supervisors, peers and team members. Discussion and activities address developing a personal, effective leadership "style", interpersonal communication, delegation, and the importance of understanding departmental and organization objectives.
The goal of this session is to provide participants with a foundation for building skills required to be an effective supervisor. Supervisors will leave the course with an action plan and tools that they can incorporate immediately to make an impact on other people, the business and themselves.
During this facilitated workshop, participants will:
- Distinguish supervisory responsibilities related to people and tasks
- Review a leadership skills assessment to identify strengths and areas for personal development
- Explore ways to improve working relations with managers, peers and team members
- Practice sustaining open lines of communication
- Explain the difficulties of and the necessity to delegate a task
- Gain an understanding of organizational objectives and how to communicate them effectively
- Describe strategies for overcoming the common challenges of transition from the role of an individual contributor to supervisor
Lunch is included in this session.