Don't lose them at "Hello!" Retaining new employees begins prior to the first day of employment with a comprehensive and well-designed new employee onboarding and orientation program.
This workshop will discuss the importance of developing these programs, what should be included in them, and effective techniques to engage new employees before they even get in the door! Moreover, this workshop will address the various components of virtual onboarding, including: relating expectations to remote workers, developing deep connections from afar, and conveying organizational culture to new employees working from home.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Improve retention through ongoing onboarding initiatives.
- Recognize the three levels of information to share with new employees.
- Implement a comprehensive three-stage onboarding program, in person or virtually.
- Know who should participate in, and who is accountable for the process.
- Know what program materials are recommended, including an orientation checklist.
- Track orientation results and understand how to evaluate the program's effectiveness.
To promote engagement and interactivity, the use of camera and microphone will be expected of all able participants.