This session runs for three days, October 27, 28 & 29th, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. each day. Lunch will be included each day.
("Legal Issues for Supervisors” is encouraged as a prerequisite for this course.)
Stop that manager! Many managers and supervisors are promoted based on their ability to perform a job. However, once they are in charge of direct reports, they need an entirely different set of skills. Without a basic understanding of employment laws and managerial concepts and how to apply them, they can expose your organization to liability. That’s where we come in! In just three days, your supervisors and managers will learn the basics of pertinent employment law and managerial skills through engaging case studies and role plays that immediately apply their knowledge. From interviewing to goal setting to counseling and discipline, participants will walk “employees” through the employment cycle while applying HR concepts, employment law and solid management techniques.
The participants in this session will be able to:
- Apply applicable employment laws
- Practice behavioral interviewing skills
- Conduct a goal-setting session
- Coach and counsel employees to improve performance and reach goals
- Discuss leadership challenges and motivation
- Recognize when discipline is needed and when to involve HR