New Batch of OFCCP Audit Letters
By Angela Adams, CEBS, SPHR, Director, Human Resource Services
Published February 13, 2018
On February 1, 2018, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), the division of the U.S. Department of Labor that audits government contractors and subcontractors (“contractors”) for compliance with affirmative action regulations, mailed 1,000 corporate scheduling announcement letters (CSALs) to employers. Those organizations that receive a letter now have advance notice that their locations have been chosen for a compliance evaluation (also known as an audit) sometime during 2018.
Contractors still need to receive an official scheduling letter before sending in their affirmative action programs (AAPs); a CSAL is only a “pre-notification” that a scheduling letter is forthcoming some time during 2018. While there is no guarantee that employers receiving a CSAL will be audited, there is a strong likelihood they will.
According to the OFCCP webpage set up to address these CSALs:
- A new scheduling list has been compiled for FY2018 using a neutral scheduling process.
- OFCCP will begin mailing scheduling letters on March 19, 2018.
- Contractors are required to submit their Affirmative Action Program (AAP) thirty days after receiving the scheduling letter.
- This data collection is approved by OMB under the Paperwork Reduction Act.
- No more than 10 establishments of a single contractor are placed on the scheduling list.
- No more than four establishments of a single contractor are placed in a single district office.
- No establishment with review closed in the last five years is placed on the scheduling list.
If you are a contractor and received a CSAL, get prepared now to respond to the OFCCP. Even if you didn’t receive a CSAL, you should still be prepared. The OFCCP can also audit locations that were not on the CSAL list.
For assistance with affirmative action issues, including preparing for an audit, contact the Management Association's AAP staff at 800-448-4584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.