What do we do now?”
When leaders and key employees depart, many organizations are left wondering who can possibly replace their knowledge and skills. This can leave companies at risk and with a diminished ability to compete in the future. Formalizing a succession plan can avoid these issues and prepare your “bench” with the talent to meet your future needs.
This course presents the importance of developing a succession plan, best practice tools and methods of identifying key positions and implementing succession plans. Case study examples are presented and discussed.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of reviewing talent in the organization
- Define high potential talent
- Recognize the 9 box grid and its use in talent review sessions
- Discuss the importance of linking key jobs to high potential talent
- Conduct talent calibration sessions
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of various assessment techniques
- Follow a Step-by-Step process for implementing a succession plan
- Describe the difference between individual successors and talent pools
3.25 Recertification Credit Hours 3.25 PDCs