This program meets for three consecutive days; December 10, 11 and 12. Lunch is included in the sessions.
As a Human Resources professional, you play a vital role in your organization's success. Every day, you are in a unique and important position to control your organization's legal liability in its employment policies and management practices. That's why it's important that you keep one step ahead through timely updates and education.
Our HR Essentials class gives you a broad and up-to-date overview of the HR body of knowledge. Join us for this fact-packed, three - day program designed to provide a foundation or refresher on the key functions and regulatory requirements associated with the complex Human Resource profession. Recently updated content reflects changes in Illinois legislation and provides participants critical knowledge to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improved ability to handle challenging HR issues.
Participants in this program will:
- Learn about employment and discrimination laws, including ADA, FMLA, and harassment.
- Summarize personnel and record keeping requirements.
- Assess legal interviewing and selection procedures.
- Discuss employee orientation and training.
- Describe discipline, documentation, and termination procedures.
- Study the elements of a Total Compensation program.
- Understand OSHA requirements for a safe workplace.
18.25 recertification credit hours 18.25 PDC's