"Your association is so knowledgeable, professional and reliable, I can't imagine doing my job without you." 

"Having access to your Hotline staff is like having another valued employee on our staff! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"We rely on [HR Source] to give us quick, accurate answers to the 'hard' questions. Your staff has never let us down, no matter what the topic."

HR Source is the most comprehensive, trusted source of practical human resource expertise, continuously improving the performance of the employers we support.

Our work environment attracts, develops, rewards and retains a team of talented, experienced and dedicated professionals.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is HR Source?

A: We are a not-for-profit employers' association serving more than 1,100 companies and organizations. We provide human resources, compensation, legal, training and employee benefits services.   

Q: What types of memberships do you offer?
A:We offer organizational memberships rather than individual ones. Vendors of HR-related products or services may become Provider Partners.

Q: Do I have to become a member to use your services?
A: For some services, yes. Only members have access to our HR Hotline, the members-only areas of our website, and the services of our on-staff attorneys. Our compensation surveys, and many of our professional and consulting services may be contracted for non-members, however fees are significantly higher than our member rates.

Q: What industries do your members represent?
A: Roughly 35% of our members are manufacturers. The remaining 65% are in the service, public and nonprofit sectors.

Q: What size are your member companies?
A: Member organizations range in size from one to several thousand employees. Any organization with employees will find our services beneficial.

Q: Where are you located?
A: HR Source's main headquarters is in Downers Grove, IL with additional training locations in Chicago, Glenview and Tinley Park. We also provide on-site training and services.

Q: How do I become a member?
A: Just fill out the membership application! Visit our About Membership page. Once we receive and approve your application, your account will be activated, and you will receive a welcome email with login credentials, a complimentary set of current compensation surveys, and you can begin calling the HR Hotline.

Q: How much is it to join?
A: Annual membership dues are based on the number of employees at your organization. Download the membership application on the About Membership page and view our dues schedule on page 2.

Q: What do I receive with my membership?
A: Your paid membership allows you access to the members-only areas of our website, use of our HR Hotline, a subscription to our weekly newsletter, The Source, and a complimentary set of our current Metro Chicago Compensation Survey, Policies and Benefits Survey, and the National Executive Compensation Survey. Membership also includes discounted rates on training and professional services. Learn more on our About Membership page.

Q: Do you function as a broker for your training and consulting services?
A: No. Our training and consulting services are provided by staff experts including employment law attorneys, certified HR professionals, certified compensation professionals, and certified benefits professionals. For consulting or training services outside our staff's expertise, we can refer members to our list of Provider Partners.

Q: In the 80's, I knew about an organization called MIMA. Are you related to that organization?
A: We are that organization. HR Source was known as The Midwest Industrial Management Association (MIMA) until 1989.

Q: Why should I use your services instead of those of another organization or consulting firm?
A: As an association built to serve employers, we make it our business to know your business and the businesses around you. This includes the best local survey data available, an intimate understanding of business, and in-depth and accurate knowledge of employment law. We are the most cost-effective solution to your business challenges. If you are still not convinced, explore our website to learn more about the broad range of products and services we offer.

Share this page: