This course will train you on how to effectively write job descriptions. A job description's primary purpose is to help recruit and select the right candidate for the job. However, an effectively written, up-to-to date job description can contribute to the success or detriment of most HR functions. Namely, recruiting and onboarding (candidate, new hire, incumbent), assessing and developing a new hire, setting expectations, promoting, rewarding and ultimately engaging and retaining candidates.
Topics covered in this session include:
- Purpose of job descriptions
- Why job descriptions are important and can serve as a protectant against litigation
- Strategies for data gathering
- Determining job description criteria
- Developing job descriptions
2.75 Recertification Credit Hours 2.75 PDCs